Thursday, February 03, 2005

exciting possibilities

Yesterday I met with Pall Singh who is an Asian friend in Brum. He is involved in East West trust and runs Sanctuary which is an asian alternative worship service – kind of alt worship meets Eastern style meditation. It really is very good.

Anyway he has connections with Aradhna who are a Christian Asian group – tabla, sitar and all that.... I haven’t heard them but I have friends who have (e.g. Richard Sudworth in Brum raved about them). Anyway I am wondering if there is a possibility to to do a few things with Pall and GB? These are my thoughts:

1. Get Sanctuary to take part in the worship programme either in New Forms or they might work with Aradhna – Sanctuary use a lot of visual projection so this could be a great morning option in Centaur.

2. Book Aradhna as a band to play in Centaur

3. CMS are focusing on Asia in particular this year so CMS could use Aradhna and Pall in their programme (CMS help support some of East/West trust’s work)

I have e-mailed CMS, bands and worship to consider whether we can make this work between us asking...

So what do you think?
Money could work like this -
Some of Aradhna would need to be flown over from Canada. Pall was talking in the region of 3000 dollars to get them. But I would have thought with bands, worship, and CMS getting involved together we could make this work?

How about booking Talvin Singh and Nitten Sawney for the same night? :-)

The other possibility with Pall is a Bollywood afternoon! He mentioned a group they may be working with – this was a bit vaguer but it would be wonderful at either the CMS tent or the Arena stage or both?....

2 Comments:

At 5:16 pm, Blogger Gayle said...

Think this sounds great – think there is a lot of potential of working across the different areas and would utilise the talents of this group, but worship could really benefit from a bit more diversity (east meets west) in its programme

particularly like the Bollywood idea!

 
At 3:08 pm, Blogger Steve said...

love the ideas and also have a high opinion of Pall Singh...a seminar speaker too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home